Saturday, June 19, 2010

Crown Royal Reserve Vs Gentleman Jack

motivation: learning things that are not interested

Studying one is often faced with the situation of having to learn something with which one does not want to deal in the least, this one often learns only later how useful the individual substance but can be - An example from my study:

In my first studies I had to get the UML (Unified Modeling Language) deal. I held UML for a way to show completely stupid programming, what to do. Finally, I could understand without this stupid UML kernel code from OpenBSD, and the system programs from Linux. I thought - should I even manage software projects - to bad programmers just not in the project include (if possible), but only geeks and gurus half. The result of my consistent position was 4.0 in the trade that I would mess up my degree certificate later, the only such a bad note.

few semesters later, In the same study, I had to be more intense with UML and Co. look what I managed much better, because my inner acceptance of the topic was already greater. In the first Semester of my Master's degree in Augsburg, I again have to deal with UML, BPML and Co., this time more intense than before, and slowly but surely I could in the course of the semester, my dislike of UML eliminate entirely. In fact, I now see UML as a useful tool for modeling business processes.

very same happened to me with the math, hated the mathematics that seemed so useless and difficult, over time, but it was interesting. I am still not very good at math, but thanks to some feelings of success in the last ten semesters, my growing interest in mathematics in some areas (especially for the algebra, with which I had to face me probably the most intense) now anyway.

It seems to me: the growing interest in a topic with increasing engagement with the subject. So that would mean: recognizes the more details you know and and the more you know about a subject, the greater the interest in this topic. But is it really? Some issues that I simply do not interest, although I have been tormented for years with them, I will probably never find interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment